Monday, October 31, 2011

Still in shock!

When I stop to think tomorrow I will 30 weeks, I almost go into a haze. I cannot believe that in 10 weeks (give or take) I will be a mommy to a real, live, screaming baby boy! In some ways I feel SO much excitement for this new step with my hubby in building our family. On the other hand I feel terrified for all the reasons all first time parents feel terrified.
I ended up going to a Dr within my Dr's office last Tuesday. I just woke up with a horrible feeling that something was wrong, baby wasn't really moving much and my belly just looked like it had shrunk! They brought me in and did an ultrasound, and there was my sweet little 3 pound baby looking healthy as can be. He was so cute he had his little hand next to his head, and I told hubby that is how I sleep! With my hand next to my head like that! It was just a sweet moment feeling like he is already kind of like me. :) They also hooked me up to the contraction monitor and the heart rate monitor and had me push the button when I felt movement. At first I was so worried because he really wasn't moving too much, and I was afraid I would fail and they would send me to the hospital, but after a few minutes he really started going. It was funny because the biggest, most giant kick I have gotten lately was right after hubby started talking. I think he is going to be a daddy's boy all the way!
I just cannot wait though. I feel really lucky in the fact that this pregnancy has really not been that bad. There of course are the not so fun parts, but overall I have felt okay. Sleep is becoming a bit of an issue for me, I toss and turn a lot at night, and my hips start to ache when I sleep on one side too long. And sometimes he decides to kick me around 3 or 4 in the morning, but other then that I am not too uncomfortable yet. I know I still have 10 weeks to go, but that's okay. I will still take it!
My first baby shower is this weekend and I am SO super excited! I have a really great friend who is throwing it for me, family and friends will be there, it should be a blast! I honestly cannot wait! :) It makes it seem like everything is getting so close!
I am so very blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment